My grocery list--trying to lose weight

This is jut part of it. Dh and I both weigh around 250 each. We are trying

1. low fat sugar free icecream
2. milk 2 percent
3. turkey bacon
4. twinkies(hey gotta splurge lol)
5. 5 litters of diet soda
6. TURKEY dogs
7. Frozen pot pies
8. fish sticks(staying away from red meat as much as possible)
9Hamburger helper(but we use tuna)
10. mac and cheese
11. spagatti and pasta sauce
12 low fat brownies
I have to add more but doing good.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I am also trying to lose weight. There is a show that I am currently addicted to called Cook yourself thin, and the 3 cooks show how you can cook your favorite foods in a healthy way to lose weight. My husband and I have tried many of their recipes which are quick and easy to make and they are delicious. Fresh is the better way to go when you can and it helps to break the over processed food cycle.
    mommyjewel

Answer by mommyjewel at 10:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Sorry, but pretty much everything on that list is B.A.D. for dieting. You need to focus on fresh fruits & veggies in a variety of colors, lean proteins (skinless chicken, REAL fish, things like that), complex carbs (whole wheat pasta/bread instead of white, brown rice instead of white, etc).

Your turkey bacon is going to be higher in sodium than regular, mac & cheese and HH are high in sodium and preservatives, not to mention empty carbs that are going to turn to sugar & then into fat in your system. Seriously, trash the list and start over.
    Anonymous

• Diet soda has alot of sweeteners! Fishj sticks r too fattening,try to get unbreaded fish. Pot pies r not low cal,they have alot of salt too.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• That to me is a really bad list. Don't buy the soda,drink skim milk if you can tolerate the taste,don't get twinkies splurge on fruit and nuts,buy sherbet icecream I hear it's better than regular icecream. Get yourself some yogurt and make smoothies,and splurge in the vergy department.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Alot of that food is still full of salts, sugars and just generally bad. Don't let advertising fool you. They want to sell their products even if it isn't healthy, they think sticking the word 'Diet' on it makes consumers think it's healthy and it's not.
    We stick with fresh fruits & vegetables and lean meats....I rarely by processed foods and foods full of hydrogenated oils, fats etc.
    I'm not an expert but I have slimmed down our families pantry, freezer & fridge by not buying pre-made foods, like past sauce in a jar, fish sticks that are breaded and fattening, even turkey hot dogs are full of horrible junk.
    Let me ask you honestly....Do you not like to cook? Because that makes it harder to serve healthy meals so your family will lose weight. and...dieting without exercise is harder to budge the weight too. Also, drinking lots of water to flush out the fat.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 9:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2011