I just realized....

I graduated college in 2009 and like most other recent graduates I've got about $20,000 in debt. And I have a job making a whopping 25,000$ a year. So based on my income-based payments I'm still going to be paying for my college when dd goes to college (unless of course I invest another 20,000 into my education and get my masters and get a higher paying job, so I will be able to pay more....) !! This is depressing... Anyone else in the same situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I am sure there are 1000s. You are one of the lucky ones. You have a job.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• OMG I posted the same exact thing last week and its pretty sad! I have probably close to $40,000 in debt and make about $35,000 on top of that I am single parent living in Boston Ma, where everything is expensive and there is a tax on everything. I dont know how or if I am ever going to be able to pay all of this off. Its frustrating and i now see how people can commit suicide because of debt.

I worked my butt off at school and got my degree and have a low level job..
    Anonymous

• Hopefully between now and when your daughter goes to school , you'll get a few raises.

And yes, there are many, many, many students in your shoes - just thank your lucky stars you have a job!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yes but I am trying to get a job right now that I will make more money at.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• At least you have a job.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Oh yeah... I am 10,000 in debt with my student loans and I can only find jobs that are for my degree that pay the very same if i didnt even bothering going to college
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• jobs good
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2011