Quilters?

I was just wondering if there were many quilters here on CM, and if you quilt, where you get your patterns? I have fallen in love with EVERYTHING at the Moda Bakeshop, but I haven't made any of those yet. I swear, I have at LEAST 10 quilts going at one time. I do everything by hand, so it takes longer than if you are using die cuts and a machine to piece everything together and quilt.

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 9:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My ideas come from shows, books and magazines, but I only use the ideas, my patters come from my head. I often just draw out an idea then do the math to figure out how much fabric I need and get to work.

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 12:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I am a dreamer. I would love to see pictures of some of your quilts. Are yours strictly decorative or do you make utilitarian ones?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I LOVE quilting but Idk if I'm considered a real quilter :P I haven't made one in SO long because of the cost and the fact that I've been preeettty busy the last 21 months haha (twins)
    but when I was quilting I would get my patterns from quilting magazines
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I quilt - I cut the stuff myself, but I machine piece!!

There's a REALLY great quilting group on CM Called Quilting Moms... great group of ladies!! Join us!
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/627

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I quilt. I make my own patterns, cut my own pieces, and sew by machine except the final securing of the binding. I usually keep an eye out for fabric sales. Most of my quilts are decorative, for wall hanging.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 7:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I only really like to make quilts that we can actually use. Of course, I am heartbroken if they get stained(rips I can fix;)). lol So I usually pick busy fabrics that sort of camouflage(or could possibly camouflage) any stains. I'll try to post some pics in a bit- my camera has been on the fritz for several weeks, and I keep hoping it will fix itself. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Comment by lovingmy4babies (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2011