suddenly my 21 month old son is only affecionate to dad. Its only been me up until the last week but now I feel left out. He laughs and ha fun with dad and ignores me :(

My toddler has always been a mommy boy until the last couple weeks. Now he ignores me and just loves and is affecionate to dad. I know it might sound silly but my feelings are really hurt.

chicagomommy327

Asked by chicagomommy327 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Most children go back and forth with a preference for a parent this is totally normal.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• This is normal, and it will change again.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Don't feel too bad and tell your husband not to gloat... he'll switch again.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• what about how your husbands feelings, maybe it bothered him that your son was all over you prior. i would enjoy the little bit of a break and take the time to do something ive been wanting to do. i feel a little bit guilty when my boys are all about me and dont want to play with their dad
    learae

Answer by learae at 4:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2008