• In the Spotlight:

What does it mean when my son is constantly moving, and feels like he is getting balled up and i have lower abdomenal pain. 37 Weeks pregnant. And i havent completely lost mucus plug yet

lovinganother

Asked by lovinganother at 10:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• He is proberly getting ready.U may never know when u lose your plug.
    strong86

Answer by strong86 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• The description of "getting all balled up" sounds like braxton hicks contractions. You are probably getting close though.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• It sounds as though your body is getting ready for the big event. I was in premature labor for 2 weeks before he came though... mine was a bit more than braxton hicks though. Also ask yourself... is the pain constant (if so it could be the baby moving into position) if the pain comes and goes regularly... try timing it.. how often and how long the pain lasts.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:16 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I am also pregnant, 35 weeks & been goin through the same thing. And to start with, that is what I thought, that my baby was kinda balling up, cuz she moves constantly too. But then I realized they were contractions & thats what they feel like. Your whole stomach tightens up for a lil bit then lets loose. I went to the hospital to make sure everything was okay. If they are very painful contractions then you should see your doctor, also see if you are dilated any. And the abdominal pain is probably just your baby dropping & so much pressure down there. I know I am very sore in the bottom of my belly & all in my pelvic area.
    SLG627

Answer by SLG627 at 4:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2008