Really important question !

I just went to the bathroom and wiped and there was a really heavy discharge with bloody show i guess you would call it , i have already been dilated to a three for a couple of weeks , just wondering what this means and if i am getting closer to starting labor ? i dont re call having this with my others. thank you

1momof6

Asked by 1momof6 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'd say yes, and no 2 pregnancies are the same. I'd say give your Dr. a call if you have any questions, that's why he's there and why you pay him the big $$. If you go soon, good luck w/the new arrival.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• sounds like your mucus plug.. when women loose it it's sometimes called a bloody show as well..

it does mean you are getting closer, but it doesn't necessarily mean you will go into labor tonight or even tomorrow or next week.. each pregnancy is different. With my first I lost my mucus plug a week before delivery and I was induced into labor.. with my second I lost my mucus plug the day before I delivered..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• The other moms are right. With my first no bloody show, second bloody show the day I went into labor, third bloody show about a week and half before, fourth lost it for 3 days before labor. Every time is different.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• yes mam sounds like it. As long as ur not having alot of pain then i would say ur alright.
    Just watch out for ur water (maybe) next. or heavy contractions....I lost my mucus plug in almost a 2week span!
    Good luck mama
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 11:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• could be mucus plug or maybe your membrans reupterd i would call the doc an get it check its all ways safe to be checked out. good luck
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 12:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• No matter what you see you are getting ready for labor.
    Seeing this *might* be an apparent-outward sign, but either way, you don't have to see it, your body IS preparing.
    Good to be aware and ready, AND relaxed, trusting, all the while.
    ;-)

Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2011