Ways to prevent your water from breaking at 38 weeks pregnant?

LaddiPatrone

Asked by LaddiPatrone at 10:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Any time after 36 weeks you are considered full term and the baby will come when it comes.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• none that I can think of.. but if you are leaking fluids your water probably already broke and you'll need to call your OB/GYN..

sometimes it's like a gush, sometimes it's like a little trickle... feels like you had a little tinkle accident..
    but at 38 weeks your considered full term.. so if it breaks then congrats you're having a baby :)..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yeah, why would you want the water not to break? Baby is already "cooked" by 38 weeks!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I can' t think of a way to stop it aside from relaxing and not exerting yourself. Is there a reason you don't want it to break? Because at 38 weeks, if your water breaks, that means baby is good and ready to come out!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 10:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I'd give anything to be 38 weeks and have my water break lol I'm so ready for baby to be here but I still have a few more weeks to go. There isnt anything you can do really to stop your water from breaking and baby will come when baby is ready. At 38 weeks you really dont have much to worry about if your water does break because baby is considered full term. If your water does break be happy, it means you get to meet your new baby soon :)
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• just relax try not to stress......there really is no way...if baby wants to come....baby will come
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 11:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• my water broke @ 37 wks... I am not sure what you mean by wanting to stop it from happening.. the baby will come when the baby is ready to come..
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 1:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Healthy diets & lifestyle tend to help.

How are you doing in this department?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:01 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I never said i didnt want my water to break......i'm only asking because im miserable and will try anything to make it happen. who wouldnt want there water to break this far along in the pregnancy. i cant even see my toes, let alone my vagina...
    LaddiPatrone

Comment by LaddiPatrone (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Water breaking does not mean labor.
    It means you are leaking fluid.
    Baby might not come for weeks, months after.
    Quite messy---
    And could be risky~ worries for prolapse, asinclitism, infection...

Some of us birth our babies in the Caul (intact sac), so it's good to keep in mind that water breaking doesn't "mean" labor or even have to happen at all.
    ;-)

Ideally, women will do all they can for a healthy pregnancy & birth, avoiding unnecessary interventions will be a priority, and then baby can be born safely, when It's Time.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:45 AM on Jun. 26, 2011