"And teaching children creationism as opposed to evolution is a testament to ignorance ."
"Creationism is faith-based fantasy. Evolution is science-based fact."
These comments were made by someone on another thread. If you'd like to claim them, feel free. I'd like to ask a few questions and, if you don't mind, I'd like factual answers instead of opinions only. Thanks.
P.S. For the person who made the above comments, or anyone who agrees with them, how would you like to make a nice chunk of change? Dr. Kent Hovind is offering $250,000 to anyone who can give empirical evidence for evolution.
I sent them an email a few weeks ago to see if the offer still stands since it has been around for awhile. It does.
1. Where did the space for the universe come from?
2. Where did matter come from?
3. Where did the laws of the universe come from (gravity, inertia, etc.)?
4. How did matter get so perfectly organized?
5. Where did the energy come from to do all the organizing?
6. When where, why, and how did life come from dead matter?
7. When, where, why, and how did life learn to reporduce itself?
8. With what did the first cell capable of sexual reproduction reproduce?
9. How can mutations (recombining of the genetic code) create any new, improved varities?
10. Is it possible that similarities in design between different animals prove a common Creator instead of a common ancestor?
Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2011
Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2011
Answer by NotPanicking at 10:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2011
Answer by judimary at 11:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011
I think the Theory of Evolution has been pretty well established in the Scientific world, Pop, and the other questions pertaining to cosmology as well. Were you hoping that you'd stump those who oppose the teaching of Creationism as "real science" in public schools with those questions? Could you actually have been hoping that we'd say, "Well, you got me there, Pop! I guess the answer for questions 1-10 MUST be 'god!'?
As my ten-year old would say, "Epic Fail".
Answer by jsbenkert at 12:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2011
Answer by ochsamom at 11:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2011
Answer by beeky at 11:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2011
Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2011
Answer by judimary at 11:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2011
Answer by Freela at 11:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2011