Annoyed

Ok so I watch my nieces and the youngest had started bossing my oldest around, she is 7 and my dd is 5. My dd gets introuble for yelling at her, but yet I do not want to punish my niece like I do my dd. I have asked her many times to stop bossing her around. and nothing she still bosses her around all the time so now I am just at a loss I am at the end of my nerves about it, Everytime they start to play a game my niece changes the ruls in the middle of it then will tell my dd she can not play with her cuz she is not doing it right after she changed the rules and them my dd will start yelling at her so she gets introuble. Cuz my dd is not alound to yell at anyone in my house, no matter who they are she does not even fight with her younger brothers like this.

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 10:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would have a talk with mom. Have her explain the rules to her daughter and if she is unable to follow the rules and not boss your daughter around that you can't babysit anymore.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't punish your daughter for sticking up for herself. Teach her how to tell her cousin not to do that without yelling. IThe best thing would be for the two girls to work it out. If she still keeps it up you need to punish her. If you're watching her on a regular basis letting her get away with bad behavior could really create problems for her.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 4:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Cousins fight. Tell them they need a time out if it keeps up. This is normal. Don't sweat the small stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Tell them both that they can't play together unless they stop fighting. If you hear them fighting, you are going to have them sit silently at the kitchen table until they can agree to play nice. Explain to them how we play nicely, emphasizing that we don't change the rules without both agreeing. Then your niece won't feel singled out. Teach your daughter how to speak up for herself too, so that when her cousin tries to bully her, she can respond and let her know that she won't play if that how she is going to be treated.
    Anonymous

• have a talk with your niece...i would!
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 2:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• This is the way it all works at that age. Tell them no fighting, or time out. Separate them, or give them something else to do.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I would talk to them both and explain that they can't play together if they keep fighting like this.
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• sounds like they might need some time apart in seperate rooms!
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I wouldnt be mad at dd. Shes sticking up for herself. I would have a talk with your neice and the mother. I dont know, I would punish my neice (I wouldnt spank her or anything but time outs etc)
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I think your dd needs to stick uP for herself. Your niece needs to know from hour dd that she can't treat her that way. Once your dd sticks up for herself the niece will be less apt to push her around. When you punish her for sticking up for herself you are giving your niece a chance to push her around. Your niece knows that shell get in trouble if she sticks up for herself, so it makes her an easy target.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2011