To frump or not to frump?

I seen a lot of moms on here that say they love the sweat pants on the go look. First I want to point out, that frump doesn't just look like frump to others, it's a reflection of your inner-self. If you don't care about your outward appearance, chances are, you are doing little to care for your inner appearance.

http://family.go.com/parenting/article-mm-214359-stop-the-frumpy-mom-cycle-t/

NOT only does it reflect parts of your inner self.. but... there really is NO excuse for it.  You can't tell me it's cheaper to by sweats than it is to by a pair of cottom fitted jeans (or boot cut or flares or straight legs, they come in all shapes and sizes).. And, they are just as comfortable.. you can also by nice dress pants in similar materials that just overall look better..

so to frump or not to frump?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 10:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• That article is full of valuable advice.  I know because I did exactly what they suggested 4 years ago.  I dumped the frump!  I started off by wearing sexy lingerie which has an incredible effect on your self esteem even though no one else knows you're wearing it.  I lost weight, changed my hairstyle, changed my fashion style and got some tattoos.  As a result, my confidence, marriage and social life all flourished.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• To me the definition of frump is just not caring anymore... I'm not a frump by that standard. I do care, I do like my clothes, I do like my hair, and I feel good about myself. However, I am not a dressy person. I don't wear makeup (I never did, even before kids.) I have a lot of tanks, cotton shirts, and jeans- it's what makes sense for my daily life with my kids. I don't feel the need to go beyond that when it comes to dressing for my daily life with my family. Yes, I do makeup and dress nicer for special occasions or for work, but on a daily basis I totally rock my jeans/tanks/no makeup look and feel great doing it!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't go out of the house in sweatpants - just not the way I was raised. I was taught to always put my best foot forward, so I make sure I look nice wherever I go.

Answer by missanc at 10:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I have both(jeans and sweat pants) jeans ARE NOT cheaper and sweats are more comfortable especially when my day consist of cleaning and not going anywhere. I also prefer sweats when I am cycling(monthly). I am a SAHM to a multi special needs child and the only real time I have to dress up is Sundays for church.I dont wear makeup b/c it weighs my face down. I prefer bare feet to any type of shoe,when I do need shoes always a flat,I don't wear any heels. I recently got a job as an elderly care worker( 1 client in her home),if she is able to saty home thru the fall/winter,I plan on wearing comfortable clothes to work in,I dont need to dress to impress for my job.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 11:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I wear frumpy clothes not only because I don't have the greatest self esteem, but because I LIKE how they feel. It's easier to chase around kids at home when I'm in PJ's.
    When I do go out of the house, I put jeans and a top on, and usually flip flops, but as soon as I'm HOME I put my comfy clothes back on.

I really don't understand what it matters to you what other people wear.....it's a reflection on us NOT YOU!

PS...an attempted guilt trip is NOT the way to get people to dress up...but again, what does it matter to you if I wear crap clothes or not?

I choose to buy my kids clothes instead of myself!
    Anonymous

• from your statement "dress pants" im going to assume you are a little older. My husband would look at me crazy if i put on some dress pants to go any where else besides work or church. I look cute in my victoria secret sweats with a matching top, head band, messy pony tail (that i spend 15 minutes on getting that perfect messy look), tinted moisturizer, lip gloss and mascara =D
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 11:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• oh and I HATE wearing jeans. when i wear them in public i come right home and take them off. then im walking around the house in just a shirt and underwear. My husband actually prefers this to jeans!
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 11:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Anon, I'm not a size 0-12 and I won't wear sweats at all. It's not a matter of size, there are plenty of comfortable clothes in all sizes that aren't sweats. Besides, in the summer who in their right mind wears anything with the word SWEAT in it?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I know people who wear sweats regulary (in winter) and they are beautiful people on the inside. I just can't agree with that. Why do othersCARE what anyone else wears? You wear whatever you want to,ok? You should have known better than to make a statement where you are basically "judging" others who choose to dress casually in sweats more often than you do because you think they look tacky and therefore, that person must be tacky on the inside. Wow! Totally wrong.
    I wear jeans once in awhile in winter but I cannot wait to get them OFF as soon as I get back home. It's not something I like to do my housework in or lounge around in. I actually wear cargo shorts 5 days a week in summer with a cute top. I guess I just think its unfair that you are worrying what others wear? You can be gay and get married in this country BUT do not wear sweats out of the house--OMG!!! Ridiculous!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 12:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• jeans do not fit as comfortable as sweats , -TRY ITTTTTT miss judgemental ---probly a size 0 - 12---am i right
    Anonymous