If you were dating a guy who told you he got a bj..

..from another guy when he was younger and in his "experimental phase" would you deem him "bi" and assume he was still attracted to both sexes even if he claimed it was just a one time incident? I'm sorry but where I come from men were MEN and wouldn't even think about doing that sort of thing! We broke up btw so no need to try and spare my feelings.. just looking for other opinions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• If he told you about the "1 time" he was probably just testing the waters to see how you would react. I am sure there was a lot more he didn't tell you about.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My ex said the exact same thing to me, after we got married. As it turns out, not only did he "experiment," but he also told me that we needed to have two children, and after we had children he was getting a sex change. And if I wouldn't allow him to get a sex change he was at least going to get breasts implants. There's more to the story, but needless to say that I left his ass asap.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 11:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Wow, it's a hell of a double standard. Most people don't care if a woman was once with another woman. Why is it any different if a man was with another man once? If he isn't attracted to other men, I don't see how it's different from any other things that are left in the past.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Personally. I wouldn't deem him bi. Alot of people go through experimental phases. I won't even lie. I liked to make out with a bunch of my girl friends in high school because I thought guys thought it was hot. I was very immature then. But it was a phase all the same. I'm 22 now. I'm engaged. And have a year and a half old baby. I would even consider myself bi because a made out with a chick in high school.
    Britny9

Answer by Britny9 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• just be glad he felt so comfertable with u to tell u that..i wouldnt see him as bi either
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Britny - guys don't give other guys BJs for the same reasons you made out with your friends, iykwim. Anon, I would run the other way.
    Anonymous

• Plenty of people go through an experimental phase. If he was STILL interested in men, that would be bi, but if not, then he has settled that curiosity and figured out that it wasn't for him. Happens to a lot of people. Some people are fine with that, others not, but I think it's really judgmental of you to say, "I'm sorry but where I come from men were MEN and wouldn't even think about doing that sort of thing!" Most men DON'T think about that sort of thing, but there's something called bi-curious, which means a person wants to explore bisexuality. Sometimes, it turns out to be a one time thing, and they are no longer curious. For others, it's part of who they are. Really, one BJ wouldn't bother me, but then, I probably have more experience with the gay community and bisexual people than you do.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Who the fuck says gay men aren't MEN?

It happened in his past, he told you about it, you judged him for it and broke up with him. Good thing, he deserves better than that.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 11:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• You still judged him because of this.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 11:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i would be totally wierded out if a guy told me that. and i would always question his sexuality. good thing you broke up!
    abannist

Answer by abannist at 10:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2011