Palin's Church Burned?

Did anyone else read this?
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/13/palin.church/index.html
Ok, I'll be the first to admit I am NOT a Palin fan, nor am I christian...however, I find this to be horribly sad. I just don't understand how people can have such meanness in them. And that's what this was, just pure meanness. Any other thoughts?

SLCMOMMY

Asked by SLCMOMMY at 10:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yea, That is sad and it is probally linked to Palin. Even if it is it shouldn't have been done. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you go to that measure over it!
    Anonymous

• Now that's just nasty. I'm not a Christian, but I can sympathize with these poor people who lost their place of worship through an act of arson. It was just lucky there were no children in there at the time--there WAS a ladies group meeting at the time of the fire and someone could very easily have been injured or worse.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• There was a craft group going on! I just posted the latest article in a journal!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• wow...im very much against Palin. but that really is crossing the line! doesn't she live in Juneau (capital)...so i would assume she cant even go to church there that often. i hope they catch the person who did it
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• The Governor's mansion is in Juneau -- but Palin is hardly ever there. She primarily works out of the Anchorage office and lives at home in Wasilla, charging the Alaskan taxpayer a per-diem per day for staying at home. Sarah "Caribou Barbie" Palin is a real jewel. LOL
    OldCodger

Answer by OldCodger at 3:37 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Wow! That's despicable. Really.
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 7:24 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Thats so sad. So much for tolerance, eh?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• There is no proof jet who did and why.I live in Alaska.
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 9:03 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• And this is the problem with our country today. Too many people being vindictive and acting out unnecessary and horrible actions. So you're against church or Palin or whatever. While you're entitled to your own beliefs, acting out and hurting someone or causing property damage is just wrong. Grow up, deal with the situation at hand and stop being such a menace!
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Wow, OldCodger--bitter much? The question is about Palin's church being burned; not your opportunity to take another slam at her. The election's over--most here have moved on and Palin seems to have done the same. Perhaps you should as well.

It's sad anything like this happens at all. There's no reason for burning places of worship, regardless of their religious/faith affiliation.
    Anonymous