Rap music

I usually listen to r&b or rap. My son is starting to sing alot but, he doesnt sing the curse words. I was thinking about stop listening in front of him but, thats they only type of music i really can get into. I mean do i just go without music while im cleaning or in the car because hes around?

jennifer_oakley

Asked by jennifer_oakley at 11:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Either don't listen to anything or find something else. I like jack johnson his music is great for adults and kids :)
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Its not really the genre that the issue but the language. You should not (IMO) be exposing children to any types of music witth any type of profanity at all. Children are like sponges and if he hears it even by mistake he will say it... Radio Disney or CDS are great choices for small kids.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Find radio edits.
    My kids love "bottoms up" - and I got the censored version :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• just dont listen to it...listen to radio Disney...dont let him grow up to quick
    MrZ.GooDen

Answer by MrZ.GooDen at 11:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i do like some songs on radio disney! lol
    jennifer_oakley

Comment by jennifer_oakley (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Radio versions or go for old school Rap and R&B ... you know, before it became popular to swear ever other word.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• There are plenty of R&B songs with no curse words or course lyrics.

Even those with such language often have a 'clean' version too. I'm not big on rap, but I'm okay with "the godfather of rap" Gil Scott Heron. Better for kids: Inda-Arie

http://youtu.be/y78Q6eTrOIY

This beautiful love song is one of my favorites of hers. But her music is always so positive. Check it out.  :-)

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i hate rap music
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• kids will here it one way or another if they are with you are when they are out and about but I say if you do not want to expose them to the music than stop playng it around them.
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 12:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i listen to it too, my kids dont say the ad words in it. Kinda funny to hear them sing Justin Beiber tho lol
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 12:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2011