Crawling?

My daughter is 9 1/2 months old and still not crawling. She is really good on her stomach and can completely turn herself around in a circle. She doesn't get up on her knees though. How do I encourage her to crawl? My son was crawling at 8.5 months. I'm kind of concerned she is not crawling yet.

BWIND

Asked by BWIND at 11:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldnt worry bout it to much. Every child develops at their own rate. My daughter didnt start crawling until about 10 months and started walking around 13 months. She was more interested and content in just sitting around and watching her surroundings. But if you are really concearned you can ask her doctor. I say just keep putting her on the floor and let her do her own thing. When she's ready she'll crawl.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Ask your doctor. It sounds normal to me, but I am not a doc.
    Anonymous

• My niece was very very slow at crawling, and slow at walking too. She didn't crawl till around 10 1/2 months. While my daughter crawled at 7 months and walked at 10 1/2. It just depends on when she's ready, my now 6 month old can roll over and go from one side of the room to the other and go in a circle too. I just think it depends on the kid and when they're ready to try. The one thing I can suggest is try and give her as much tummy time as she'll tolerate. After a certain point my DD gets mad and I'll put her in her jumper but I'd just keep giving her tummy time and maybe put toys within her reach that she'll want to try and get. She's not behind or anything so I wouldnt worry too much, just let her have some time on her tummy to try and get up on her knees. She'll get there :)
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it...crawling is actually not a milestone that docs look at in a baby's development. Some babies never crawl and just go right to walking (they usually start walking at an earlier age than babies that crawl).
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would probaly just ask her doctor if your to concerned! & i suggest TONS of tummy time. =)
    jennifer_oakley

Answer by jennifer_oakley at 11:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• dont worry, just give her time
    .jade.

Answer by .jade. at 11:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• yup each baby develops different..and some skip crawling all together. Talk to ur doctor about ur concern. Goodluck
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 12:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it. She will crawl when she is ready. All babies are different. My 8 month old isn't yet. If your worried though just mention it to her dr.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 12:57 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• dont compare your kids to each other because each baby is diff. i wouldn't be too concerned about it but if you are just ask your pedi. for some reasurance! good luck!
    Rydersmom95

Answer by Rydersmom95 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I agree with everyone else. Just give your daughter time. Remember she's an individual. I used to encourage my son to crawl by holding his favorite toy just out of reach. (Of course, I gave it to him if I felt he was trying hard to get it and was getting frustrated.) I made it a fun little game between us.
    LemonLimeyify

Answer by LemonLimeyify at 2:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2011