Just got my D&C andi was wondering what to expect now?!

Had a d&c due to a missed miscarriage this afternoon. What should I expect? I'm bleeding slightly heavy and have some pain in my vaginal area. What is normal? How should I feel? What do I expect? Thanks..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You will continue to bleed for about a week or so, and the pain will eventually go away too....I am sorry to hear about this though. Just a a little fact for you (if you were planning on trying again) you are the most fertile for the first 3 months after a miscarriage...and that is no joke...I got pregnant with my daughter only 3 weeks after my miscarriage.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Am not sure hun i didnt have that with my miscarrage. but when i found out i was bleeding havey so im not sure what to say an they werent sure how far along i was but it couldnt have been to far cuz their was just big big blood clots an no baby that u could make out. i would call the birthing center an ask them they will know or call an talk to any doc hope this helps hun sorry for your lose
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 11:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• When I had my D&C back in March 10, 2011 (also was a missed miscarriage) I bled alot it was like a heavy period & cramped alot as well the doctor said it was going to be like period cramps but it wasnt it was worse, I don't know if it will be the same for you I'm not trying to scare you everyone is different, but for me thats how it was for 2 weeks then I stopped bleeding & the pain went away. My period went back to normal quick I got my 1st period after the D&C April 18, 2011 & been having my periods regular (I've always been regular). Sorry for your loss sweetie =(
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• So sorry for your loss.
    I had a miscarriage back in July of last year and had to have a D&C,after being rushed to the hospital by ambulance because i was gushing blood that i couldnt stop. It will be really tough for a while. Me - I still cry about it and am still pretty sad about the loss. I was 11 weeks along. The bleeding should only last a week or so like a regular period. Shouldnt be super heavy, and then will turn brown after a few days.
    Again I am so sorry for your loss.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I had alot more pain after mine that I didn't before the surgery. I quit bleeding after 3 days or so. I was real shaky and they said it was from the sudden hormone change. It's such an awful thing. I just lost my second this month. Didn't have the surgery with that one! ~hugs~ Emotional rollercoaster up ahead
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 11:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Oh, sorry mama. :(

After mine, i had a week of bleeding and pretty heavy cramping. I lost a lot more tissue, too. Remember to try to rest, is you can.

Hugs mama,
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2011