baby shower

I'm throwing my own baby shower and dont know where to begin and it's in 2 weeks! I got the food part covered with everyone bringing someting for the potluck, but what else do I buy?! I dont want to spend to much money either.

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 4:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Decorate it some. You could use the theme they will have for the baby's room..if it is just certain colors or an actual theme. Also, you could create some games and get the prizes for them at the dollar store. Also, how about the cake? That's pretty much all I can think of. The main part of it is the guests watching the one who is pregnant open gifts, and the eating. You may also want to buy or make a book for the guests to sign and make comments in.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 6:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• get stuff for a game. google some games.. they are so cheap to make!!!
    chelseychae

Answer by chelseychae at 5:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Sorry..I just noticed you said you were throwing your own..well the suggestions above still apply :) Decorate with whatever theme you're using, if you are using one. Make it simple. Nothing you really should have to do if planning your own. My friend just planned her's. She didn't do much. The only thing she did was blow up a few balloons, put up a banner, put out chairs and food. That was all that she needed. And it turned out great!
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 6:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• If I ever threw myself one, I'd wait until the baby was born. Otherwise, let someone else do it.
    Anonymous

• Make little goodie bags for your guests.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• just have cake and eveyone will be happy... lol...look online 4 baby shower games to play and get a few "prizes" to hand out like candles or inexpensive perfume
    cherri_bloss

Answer by cherri_bloss at 12:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2008