Maybe TMI.. LIGHT brownish/red spotting for 6 days and then nothing afterward??

ok i started having light spotting of brown blood on the 3rd and then stopped the 9th and still nothing (NORMAL PERIOD) after.. What could be going on? The spotting wasnt enough to use pads or tampons, just noticed it there everytime Id wipe. At times it would be more but mostly not much. It was consistant for the whole 6 days. Last month I had my period (NORMALY) on the 13th and lasted the normal amount of time etc but this time I got this 10 days early and it stopped the 9th and now its the 13th and nothing.. Whats going on?? Lil worried. Should i call my doc on monday and see what they say? What do you think? Thank you in advanced.

sheilanaz4

Asked by sheilanaz4 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Health

• It could be any number of things and well nothing. First I would look at your age. This happens often to very young girls (before periods are regulated) and  women approaching menopause. Also this is normal if you are currently breastfeeding. Some women will have this type of cycle the first few months after getting pregnant. Are you pregnant? Are you having menstrual cramps worse than normal? If you are having pain see your doctor... could be something like endometriosis.  I guess the best thing to do is see your doctor. Espeically if you already have an established doc  who knows your health history you should be able to call in your symptoms and maybe get some answers. Good Luck!

CocoMason

Answer by CocoMason at 11:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2008