Who else hate the depo...

i have only been on the depo & i have tons of side effects.. ache weight gain, cravings & mood swings & Idk tmi but, ive been bleeding the WHOLE damn time! I took a preg test it was negative! But im so ov it anyone else have theses issues. i would Never reccomend this to anyone.

jennifer_oakley

Asked by jennifer_oakley at 12:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Health

• i was on it for 5 years and never had those problems
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Hands up, waving in the air!! I gained 45 lbs in 9 months on Depo! Mood swings like crazy, eating like I was going to die. It was awful. I used to work with a nurse who would joke that Depo is such effective birth control because it turns you into a fat bitch! LOL Excuse the language.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i hate it. i gain much weight and had a hard time trying to get t off
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 12:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• yes had the same crap i wouldnt recommend it an my sist took it after haven a baby an so did i but she is haven her hair fall out an other shit going on its the hermones in her body their messing with iguess. good luck hope u find one that works
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 12:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I had one depo shot after I had DS - to quote Purple Rain, my periods were reversed - I was nice one week out of the month. Didn't have the weight gain, but the bleeding was enough. FWIW, I had previous bad experiences with regular bc pills, too. They triggered my first (of many) migraines. I've written off hormone-based bc in any form.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I was on it for 6 months and bled for 18 days straight...and a heavy 18 days at that. My doc kept saying it would get better, but it never did. After the 18 day stint, I decided to quit. I'm so jealous of my friends who got the shot and haven't had a period in years.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i had mood swings, so i stopped and got IMPLANON
    i've had 2 so far and they last 3 years each without having to take pills, works great
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I HATE THE SHOT im 16 an I think im pregnant, hate it with the side affects an everything 0_0
    LOv3lyMicaela

Answer by LOv3lyMicaela at 2:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I didn't, I loved it.
    Anonymous

• I was on it for a full year and had a period every day. it was horrible, and gained at least 15 lbs.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 12:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2011