Cereal bottle

Have you ever put cereal in your babies bottle and if so how did you make it as fare as measurements?

mommy2bee12-27

Asked by mommy2bee12-27 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i wouldnt do it. they tell you not too because its a choking hazard & for other reasons.
    I was stupid when my son was a baby, and I tried it anyway because he was waking up so often in the middle of the night, and i heard it would make him sleep longer. did not work at all and was a waste of time. so dont even waste your time if thats why your doing it.
    i started feeding my son with a spoon around 4 and a half to 5 months.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i have never done it but alot of people in my family do it an they do one scoop to an 6-8oz bottle just enough to fill them up a little bit more i always mixed it an feed it. eather way i think works good luck
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 12:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i did too both of my children. I have them too scoops for a 8 oz bottle
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 12:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Cereal should NEVER go into a bottle!!! It's a MAJOR choking hazard! If your child is at least 6 months, you can give then cereal with a spoon. Solids shouldn't be given before 6 months. They will NOT help your child sleep better, they can cause allergies if given before 6 months (the stomach's lining isn't closed yet), and it can adversely affect their growth.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Not a good idea. How old is your son/daughter? If he or she is at least 4 months old you can start feeding them rice cereal from a spoon. I never did it with my kids. Personally i think its dumb when parents do that
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It's an outdated practice. New studies show an increased risk of SIDS and choking. For reflux, feeding them cereal first, then giving a bottle can have the same desired effect without the risks.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I did and it worked fine because I used a very tiny amount and it was in a rice feeder bottle. These are not big at all. They come in 2 ounce (this was the only one I ever used) and 4 ounce sizes and they are specially made for rice. They are not like a regular bottle. Do not use a regular bottle because it won't work right and that is the choking hazard, not the rice feeder bottle. There is a big difference. It's not dumb to use one if you want to, if it works right for your baby.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• it works for some babies alot of ppl i know do it from day one we did it at about 3 or 4 months when even aftere a smal jar of food and 6oz bottle were not feeling him up and i did 1 scoop for 4oz and 2 for 8oz
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• oh and ull want to use a nipple with a bigger hole or make a bigger one your self!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i did it with a feeding nurser bootle....but quit after the 2nd time and just used a bowel and a spoon.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 12:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2011