What would you do? What is your opinion?

About a year ago my parents went out of town. DH and I stayed at their house while they were out of town to house sit and to take care of my 3 year-old nephew who lives with them. I also have an older brother who lives with them, he is not the father of my nephew he is a different brother. While they were out of town my nephew came down with a 104 degree fever. My brother showed up drunk and wanted to have a bunch of friends over to drink and watch zombie movies. I told him it would not be a good idea to have a bunch of people over drinking while our nephew was sick. We argued, and he started to try to use his physical presence against me. DH stepped in and the confrontation ended up physical. DH wrestled my brother to the ground and restrained him. (cont)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• The truth will always out. Those who really know you and your husband know the truth without being told and know what your brother is. Those who don't? Just because they're related to you doesn't mean they're worth your time.

Your PARENTS know. hat's what really counts. Your brother will trip himself up in time. And if your relatives choose to avoid you due to lies? You're probably better off being avoided.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:12 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• (cont)It resulted in a feud between us. My brother has told everyone in the family about this altercation with lies about what our intentions were in an effort to turn the family against us. We have not said anything to anyone other than my parents. The whole thing is stupid I know but it sucks that everyone has only one side of the story because we were adult enough to keep it between us and he is a manipulative idiot.
    Anonymous