Help opening an MP4 and maybe getting pics?

First off, I'll start out by saying that I am technologically dumb, so if you can help and explain it like you would to a first grader, I'd appreciate it. I took the kids to a concert tonight at a festival. They joined in the contests and I took pictures. Then I couldn't find them on my phone. I got home and plugged my phone into the computer and it appeared as if I might have hit the video instead. Turns out it is in an MP4 format and my computer will not open the files. I have no idea what I am doing but would like to see the videos and better yet, have some stills from it. Can anyone help me?

attap5

Asked by attap5 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Technology

• Go to google and type in "Video file converter". Find one you like the look of. Upload the MP4s and convert to a format your computer can open- Try .AVI? Then download the file it gives you. Open it. For stills, pause the video and press "Print screen" or ""prt sc" on your keyboard. It might need the function (fn) button if you're on a laptop. Open pain and paste. Repeat for each still you'd like. If you need clarification, let me know.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 10:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Bump
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2011

• No clue, sorry.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2011