Why do people downvote answers when they are exactly or similar to others?

its not like i never been downvoted but yet this answer was like normal. not rude just normal and just like the other two posts and i got downvoted. seems so juvenile and dumb. anyone else had this happened to them. and it was not even a opinion question. it was just a suggestion on how to get back to sleep at night. but not all the info was there so all i did was ask for more info and make some what of suggestion.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 12:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in About CafeMom

• How do you know when you are downvoted?
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 12:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It's something about the way you phrased it that rubbed people the wrong way.

I hate it when people downvote a perfectly polite, respectful, accurate answer just because they disagree.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• all i said was i needed more information. and the two other posters did too. yeah very juvenile. oh the way you know is if you go back to your questioned you answered you can see the vote downs next to you.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• oh ok thats how you check.. I never checked them before I will have to check them out now lol
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 12:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• When it's something like what you described I always figure it's someone with a bug up her butt or maybe they just don't like the person...I've been downvoted on crazy ridiculous things...from what kind of vacuum I like to what me and my kids names are lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• That don't even make sense.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 1:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• blank staresome women on here hold grudges from previous posts.... it is so ridiculous imo.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Poor self-esteem. They're so threatened by other individuals they instinctively vote them down as soon as they see their name, before they even read (if they read it at all) what's been written. Saw an interesting example of that earlier tonight where an overly-vocal, devout Christian voted down an answer that was literally nothing but scripture, due to the name attached to it. (and it was obvious who voted it down based on the voting pattern in their answers profile and the timing of the downvote relative to their answer to the question)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• see sarah961 got downvoted that is just dumb. iam sorry for the down vote. i am going to upvote you to counter act it.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• the counter-voting..that's juvenile, too. who really cares or loses sleep over CM? geesh. if you care so much that you have to haunt someone's transcript just to attempt to figure out who's voting-down who..get a life.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2011