Butternut Squash?

My MIL brought me a whole bag of the stuff and i have NO idea what to do with it. Suggestions? Tips?

brookemhowell

Asked by brookemhowell at 12:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I usually cook , bake ,top with brown sugar and butter ,cinn. nutmeg
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Roast it in the oven and drizzle it with an apple cider glaze, make a soup (butternut squash soup is AMAZING!), bake it and smother it with butter, make a pie with it (like you would with a pumpkin)...

Type in "butternut squash" in the search engine at www.allrecipes.com, you'll get tons of stuff.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Butternut squash is a great squash. It is a bit difficult to cut up into chunks to peel and scoop out the seeds. Once you have it peeled and seeds removed, boil it with just a pinch of salt. When it is fork tender, then you can drain it, add butter and a few spoonfuls of brown sugar and mash like potatoes, and you will have a great side dish. Butternut squash also keeps very well in a cool, dark place. It is a Winter squash and she must live in a cool climate to have a harvest this early. I am just putting my seeds in the ground, I will not harvest mine until October or November when it should get back to the mid 70's during the day. I live in Alabama, and it stays very hot until after Thanksgiving.
    Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 12:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• We live in NC, i have no idea where she got it bc she doesnt know what to do with it either lol
    brookemhowell

Comment by brookemhowell (original poster) at 12:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2011