Is there any way to strengthen my wireless internet connection until I get a new router?

the router is downstairs and I have a computer upstairs, about not even 40 feet away. IF i get internet, its one or two bars and its a horrible connection. even the laptop isn't picking it up in that room.
im wondering if there is anything i can try to do to improve the internet connection until i get the new router next week.
I'm going to unplug it and plug it back in, that tends to help a little. but is there anything i can do besides that??

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Technology

• is ur internet set to private? if not then u are lettig other ppl in ur neighborhood use it too. that will slow it down really bad. if u have it set to private then u need to call ur internet company an let them know. they most likely run a new wire for just the internet.
    kdbrantley82

Answer by kdbrantley82 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Or if you have an older home, sometimes there is wiring or mesh that will interfere with the signal ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Wireless adapter?
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 11:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2011