Drinks and feeding times.

No matter what I do, I cannot get my kids to change.

Everyday I get them their plates, lunch and dinner. Then I get mine and sit down at the table. It never fails within 3 minutes of me sitting down, everyone wants a drink.

I usually tell them no, I JUST sat down, you should've asked before I sat down to eat. But then they do not stop asking. I suppose I could give them a drink before I sit down, but I really hate to do that. When I do that, they suck their milk down and don't eat.

Any suggestions to make them understand if I give it to them, not to drink it all at first or ideas to make them ask before I sit down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• i usually have it fixed sitting on the table , but dont give ti to him right away , my mom and i got in an agruement about this the other night when we out to dinner he drank all of his milk and didnt really eat
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• How old are the kids? I give mine a drink before I sit down, or I have it fixed and sitting on the table so when they are ready I have it handy.

Answer by missanc at 8:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I always set our table with plates and a drink for everyone. My kids were always told very early on NOT to guzzle their drink down because it fills them up too much with liquid and then they can't finish their plate. They always obeyed once they understood that there was a good reason behind the rule and for their own benefit. "How will you ever grow if all you do is drink your drink and leave most of your food, this is why we don't do that, so sip your drink and eat all of your food". After a few times...it became a good habit. Just worked for me. I didn't let my kids NOT FOLLOW RULES, LOL. There is a reason for everything we do and it's for their best interest.
    I hope it straightens out for you....once I sit down and get off my legs to eat MY dinner. I don't like to have to get up either.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2011