Does meditation bore you

or do you do it anyway since it only takes a couple minutes
it works for me but i hate doing it. wbu

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Health

• no it doesn't. when i meditate i do it with my eyes open. i do it while driving, in the shower, doing chores etc. mostly when driving though, it s very relaxing.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I LOVE it, especially after an hour of yoga :)
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 1:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Nope not boring at all. Though when I first started I didn't really "get it" and was bored.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• yea im fairly new at it, and i thot you weren't supposed to do anything while meditating
    i am centered while driving and what not but that's different
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 1:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I love it. My favorite is to actually use meditation music. I have a great CD that the kids and I listen to before bed. It is fantastic!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• You can do things while meditating. But when learning its easier IMO to be stationary. Just focus on your breathing. If your mind wonders to daily worries just imagine those worries being set aside and bring your mind back to the task.

One other meditation I love doing is in the shower. While letting the water run over me I close my eyes and meditate. Instead of not thinking of those worries let them come into your mind and then imagine them going down the drain. This lets you let go of negativity and shed anything that your holding onto that isn't necessary. All your past anger and frustration goes with it and its so freeing.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Love it esp after yoga or when I start to feel anxious but when you are first starting it is difficult to "shut off your mind". Stick with it though G/L
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I think it works of your doing it right. It calms and relaxes the body. Well for me t does
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 2:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• im doing it right since a professional taught me and said i was!
    just find it boring
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• lol...there is not right way or wrong way to do meditation lol. Everyone has their own personal way of doing it, if your bored doing it, it might just not be something you can do for long periods of time, alot of people are like that. I enjoy it once in a while, sure. It refreshes you, its nice. Your doing just fine, your incorporating something into your life that sounds like it slows you down and it sounds like your on the go and your mind loves to go, and that is a great quality. Props to you for giving things a shot and your all.
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 10:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2011