I feel a panic attack coming on n I'm 9mos pregnant. Shd I go to the ER?

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 1:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Relax...Take a deep breath...let it go...Good luck...
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 1:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Is this something that happens sometimes?
    What would you normally do?
    With anxiety, many people are able to work through it, mentally & physically calming themselves.
    But sometimes some Rescue Remedy, Lavender Essential Oil, etc can help. And for you these things as well as talking with the partner or birth doula, looking into how to move pass whatever may be triggering this can help.

Do you want to share more with us?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• For some people, the panic attack is attached to a bunch of negative emotion that is trapped inside. You can help that energy out through a different mode. Sometimes a good crying session is enough to get all the anxiety out and thwart the panic attack. Even a little 5 minute cry while you take your nighttime shower might be enough.

Is there anyone you can get a hug from and talk about it? That helps, too. Complex carbs and warm milk can help the body calm, as well. If you know for sure it is a panic attack, you are probably okay to try and work through it without needing the hospital.

Hang in there mama. I know it sucks . . . I hope you feel better soon.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• mayb you should talk to ur ob??
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I had SO rub my back n arms. I felt numb all over but Shaky inside. I'm worried my 2nd will b born w health problems like my 3yo. He wasn't breathing when he was born n we were told he might die. He survived but soon after we learned he had other health problems. It's just been a rough 3 yrs n I never thought the second might have the same problems til now
    Vero0724

Comment by Vero0724 (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2011