How do i figure out when im fertile??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• go and get that ovulation meter ort whatever and that will tell u are the most fertile. I have heard if u run jiust a slight fever, u are ovulating or fertile which ever. Can't seem to get my head on straight!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Please do not tell me you don't understand your menstrual cycle. Google it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• There's a book, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" I think it's called that gives you a really good overview of what to look for. There are a number of things to tip you off and, despite what some imply, not everyone has been lucky enough to be educated on the nuances of exactly when they are ovulating. knowing how your repro system works and knowing exactly when you're ovulating are two different things.

The most important thing is that when you ovulate the egg is viable for a day. Sperm can take it's time traveling to the egg and can survive in you for approx. 3 days. Ideally you want to have sex within that 3 day window BEFORE you ovulate. Start charting to see a pattern to improve your odds at predicting exactly when that is. As you get close you'll notice a thicker, cloudy colored vaginal discharge in the days leading up to ovulation. It's your body's way of making itself a good hostess for those sperm. ;) (cont)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• THere can be a temperature change. It's been over 9 years since I charted so I can't tell you the details at this point. sorry. that book will outline it well though. You would take your temp every morning at exactly the same time(ish) before you got out of bed. You'll see there's a pattern develop where your temp goes up slightly - not a temperture, per se, but if your norm is 98.6, you may see it peek out at 99.0. The next day it drops suddenly - a cue that you've ovulated already. Window closed.

A rough estimate is you ovulate in EXACTLY the middle of your normal cycle. IF you're on a 28 day cycle you ovulate on day 14.However, that implies you have a text book cycle and not everyone does. Some can be off a few days in either direction. Some can have erratic cycles, etc. Figure yours out and use the mid-point as a guesstimate. Have sex the 3 days prior to that date and a couple of days after to be sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• You can learn to read your cervical mucus. Egg white consistency cervical mucus indicates impending ovulation, and one of the best windows to conceive, if that is your goal. Took me two months to get pregnant this way.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 12:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I bought an ovulation kit...still have it...as it turns out I didn't need it to get pregnant...twice.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2011