• In the Spotlight:

recipes for kids don't want to eat healthy that looks good to his eyes like macaroni and cheese or etc but you can hide good nutritional ingredients on it my son is under weigth he gets his nutrients from pediasure

diagnose failure to thrive since he was 9 months he only eats stuff like waffles banana macaroni and cheese grill cheese sandwich spagetti only this kind of pasta with butter corn and broccoli just little apple juice strawberry spaghetti with meat sauce just if he is with me but the main dishes he never finish he eats a lot of yogurt (gogurt ) mash potato snacks lucky charm just the mash mellows , cake , doesn't want to try anything new I dont get any help from husband he let him play and eat never finish I can count with my fingers how many times he finish a meal , my husband just give him all those chips that of course my boy love and dinner time if he doesn't want to eat just let him doing so my boy gets confuse rossana

Peruvianmom316

Asked by Peruvianmom316 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Other than when he's with your hubby, it sounds like he actually eats pretty healthy. Healthier than my 3.5y daughter does. :) I wouldn't worry about it when he's so young. If he was 8 and still eating like that I might worry, though not necessarily. We can't expect our kids to eat like adults, after all. Switch to whole wheat everything and organic everything and you might feel better about what he does eat. As far as I'm concerned, my daughter may only eat toast and waffles, but they're whole wheat so I'm happy. :)
    Mamamiacher

Answer by Mamamiacher at 5:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I used to have dessert (usually orange sherbert) every night for the kids if they wanted it, or cookies or something. Well, now that I stopped doing this, I have found mealtimes to go better!

I used to lean on the dessert, finding myself (even though i didn't want to!!) saying things like, "Tara, eat some more broccoli so you can have a cookie..." Which would upset her because either she didn't want me all in her food (lol) or she heard the word 'dessert' and wanted it pronto...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My daughter was picky picky too. Try to let him help "make" the food. Even if he just stirs it. He may think that he is a "big boy" and like to eat what he makes. Try adding raisins on an open faced pb sandwich or crackers or mini marshmellows make it into a face and let him eat it with his fingers. Some kids really get into it and he would get some fat and protein that way. good luck!! :-)
    Josiec22

Answer by Josiec22 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• give him carrot juice try giving him more papya cantalope and apples soy beans kids like eggs rasins grapes pinto beans garbonso beans and lentils have him put cream cheese on it
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 5:14 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• You can use enriched pasta (even kraft now has a mac-n-chhes with added goodness.) Barilla plus is pretty decent brand. Use whole grain breads instead of white. You can buy/make whole grain waffles. Limit his sweets and junk food and replace it with fruit or fruit with yogurt. You can sneak veggies like carrots and sweet potatoes into mash potatoes by cooking and mashing them together.

My daughter is an insanely picky eatter so I try to sneak in veggies or more nutrition where ever I can. Just get creative and try new things. You never know what will work and don't give up. What they dont like one week they might love the next. Keep the junk food (chips, etc.) and sweets out of the house all together then your husband won't have a choice or he can go buy them himself ;)
    Maidenwolf

Answer by Maidenwolf at 10:16 AM on Jul. 16, 2008