MARIJUANA SHOULD BE LEGAL!!! How do you feel about this statement?

Recently, we (me and SO) have been watching some documentaries on the household TV about how Marijuana should be legalized and if/when it happens many of our nations issues will be solved.

Marijuana is not something I personally think about, but after viewing these documentaries some of the information does make sense?  What is your persepctive?

What do you think about Marijuana's Male Counterpart named Hemp? Should hemp be legal to grow in the states?

Gingerwheel

Asked by Gingerwheel at 2:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The medicinal and textile uses of cannabis are incredible. That is the reason why I think it should be legal.

For recreational use, add the same limitations as alcohol and enforce that.

http://www.world-mysteries.com/marijuana1.htm
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 3:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Its illegal status is more about protecting government revenue (hard to tax something so easy to grow) than safeguarding health, methinks.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• weed helps ease my body pains, so im biased
    it wouldn't solve many of our nations issues, it'd only get the US a little income
    im all for it, but that's just me and im the minority
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Short-sighted. A legalization law that does not also modify the current standards of workman's comp insurance does nothing but ensure that pot users would be soon unemployed, and likely excluded from qualifying for unemployment. Employers' insurance companies don't give a damn when you smoked or why, all they care about is if you can pass a pee in a cup test and NOT cost them thousands of dollars in a settlement.

Rarely do legalization proponents address this issue. They're too busy focusing on the reason behind why it was initially outlawed, and ignore the real-life 2011 complications that aren't going away just because someone saw a business advantage in outlawing it 100 years ago.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Yes, I support legalized marijuana because of its medicinal uses and also it is not especially dangerous in any sense I can see. It seems on par with alcohol, and age limits etc make sense. I do believe if it were taxed and sold openly it would help our economy and undermine crime.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 3:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It's not as bad for your health as other drugs that are legal. I think it's more about tax and the illegal drug industry would probably prefer to keep it in their domain. It brings in a lot more money for them than it would the government if it were legal.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I think it should be legal. We spend way too many tax dollars trying to fight it and keep it out when there are way worse drugs that we should be worried about. It's all a scam by the gov. and keeps too many ppl employed to legalize it (even the dealers.) IMO, it's no worse than cigarettes and alcohol. As far as the work and insurance comment, if it becomes legalized then we shouldn't have that problem. Imo, Same rules should apply for marijuana as it does for alcohol use in a work place.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 8:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It should be treated like alcohol, you wouldnt go into work drunk would you, so the same would go for not going into work high.

Doesn't matter. Get high on Friday or get high at work on Monday, either way, you fail the test. Insurance really doesn't care if you're actually high or not - they care if you can pass the test.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I think the only country which bans the growing of hemp is the US. Hemp is used to make ropes.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 3:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I think it should be legal. I'm not sure if all the exclamation points should be though
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2011