One year ago...

in the midst of debates about whether or not it was cost-effective to eat healthy and still shop frugally, I suggested a group that would help teach people to learn HOW to do that without going broke.  The response was surprisingly overwhelming, and I soon added an admin, lovinangels, who has been priceless in helping out even as I've been overburdened from school or temporary net-outages.  One year later, that group has given over 150 members advice on how to start changing how they shop and cook.  Even one would be enough.  

Thank you, to those who have listened, and thank you, to those who said, yes, it can be done.

Members have come and gone over the past year, but if even one person has seen a way to save a little money to help their kids without relying on Hamburger Helper, it's been worth it.  More updates to come - I covered round one of the basic knowledge up front, and so often, lovin and other members have answered questions before I even had a chance to see them.  

I really don't have a question here besides do you want to help me thank lovinangels for the amazing work she's added this past year?  Give her a shoutout here, and thank you to an amazing admin!

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:01 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• What is the group?? I'm all about eating as healthy as possible, and I'm definitely on a budget!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• This made me all teary. Possibly because I got up at four am to go coupon shopping....thanks so much!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2011