When should you start wearing nursing bras? What's the real purpose for them, b/c I can't wear my regular padded bras.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I never did, nursing bras are more supportive and have that clip that allows you to take one cup down for feedings without having to adjust the entire bra.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 7:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• When you start nursing. The main purpose is its just easier for feeding.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I hated nursing bras. I just used a soft bra and pulled the side up that he was nursing on. If you are busting out of your bra, go buy some new ones. You can get nursing bras and wear them before the baby is born, but keep in mind that your boobs will prob. get bigger after the baby is born.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 8:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i love my nursing bra..i didnt wear one with dd bc i had really good sports bras and that was enough..but this time i got a nurseing bra and it is sooo much better than a sports bra!!! it has soo much support and comfort to it its unreal!! i startd wearing mine at ,like 15wks bc i grew out of my most comfrotable one and now im 20wks and i feel great in it!!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I started wearing then while pregnant.  I had gotten too big for my regular bras and needed something  I knew that I would be breastfeeding so it made sense.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I love nursing bras, but only for nursing. They just have the clip that detaches so you can nurse more easily. You can definitely nurse from a normal bra, but it always pushed down on my boobs too much to be comfortable for me. I found 2 packs of nursing bras from Wal-Mart for $14, and they are decent enough for me. Very comfortable.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• With my first pregnancy I started to wear them around 7 months because my boobs wouldnt stop growing lol and I knew I would be breast feeding. With this one I lost about 80 lbs before I got pregnant so my old nursing bra's are huge and its like I'm not wearing a bra at all. Plus my boobs havent grown much yet and I'm 37 weeks, so I'm still wearing my normal bra's. I figure I'll get some nursing bra's after baby is born so I know what size to get and that they will fit. Plus I can buy them right there at the hospital because they have a special store just for mommy's and babies on the maternity floor and its farely cheap. And they'll measure your bust and help you find whats best for you.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2011