What's the best way to get over someone who seems to be over you?

So this guy treated me like total crap for 3 years, was physically abusive, the guy was nuts, alcoholic, overly jealous, total nightmare. Well about 3 months ago, I told him it was time for me to let go..did I want to? No..but I felt to keep my sanity, I had to, so I did. He hasn't called to check on our son, nothing, spend 3 years calling me crazy when I told him there was no way he loved me, and told me if I left him he would never be with anyone again, and he would always love me no matter what, even if I left him. So, why, even though he hurt me in unimaginable ways, is a horrible father to our son, why am I so hurt to find out it only took him 3 months to bag another victim(rebound g/f) I'm true to myself and my heart, so I knew I couldn't get over him, that's why I'm still single, also because of my kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• Because he really didn't care about you. He's a selfish liar. Don't take it to heart honey. Don't waste your feelings on that loser.
    Anonymous

• I wish I could give you the answer but I cant because I feel the same way about my lying cheating no good husband. Good luck.
    Mamie914

Answer by Mamie914 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• SOmetimes we can't help loving people that don't deserve it. Just know that you are doing the right thing by not being with him and take some comfort in that. You'll get over him eventually and you'll look back in amazement.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Thank you all who have answered so far..your words give me great comfort, it's been a rough couple of years, and I blame myself for alot that I let my children endure with me. It wasn't fair to them, and I should have made the decision sooner. I guess it just chews my behind when I think of all the mud I Iet him drag me through, never giving up on him, I was always true to him, always supportive of whatever it is he needed to get him to the next step, I gave up myself for him and he just disregards it, and moves on with a childless rebound, instead of using the 3 months to reflect and improve for what he claimed meant more to him than anything. I guess it just sucks that it didn't happen the way my fairytale brain wanted it to. I can't say inside I didn't already know he would be a selfish you know what.
    Anonymous

• you cant help who you love hon. ive loved a guy or two who have been horrid to me and it takes a while for me to stop loving them bc both of them i had long term relationships with. my youngest sons dad and me broke up awhile ago but it was oct b4 i stopped loving him and maybe i didnt stop but i dont love the person he is now. i also didnt get involved with anyone else til i was over him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• it's hard to get over it but find something constructive to focus your attention on. Get a new hobby that you love.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 1:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• for me,id go out with my sisters or friends to a club or bar,just to have fun dont try to look for guys.its usaly when ur not looking when the right one pops in.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:06 AM on Dec. 14, 2008