Is this really the best you can do for your child?

I have never seen so many Moms in one place(not everyone, but many--so if the shoe fits, wear it) who are raising up children and who have the worst of negative attitudes, foul-mouths, horrible manners and morals too.  I feel sorry for your children. I realize that children can turn out differently than their parents but to be sure...why not just give them something to look up to in the beginning.  Why not make it easier for them along the way?  Children tend to take away some of your habits so give them good ones. 

I see alot of awesome moms on here. Learn something from them instead of bashing them!

Can't you try harder to give your child the best chance possible in life?  When they grow up, having a 'woe-is-me attitude', a rotten attitude toward others and life in general,  having a foul-mouth and having no manners and morals is putting your child(ren) at the bottom rung of the ladder to begin their lives, whether it's in school or when they graduate and go on to college or get out into the workforce.  Can't you give them the things that people look up to in life?  You can preach ""don't judge"" me or others all you want to, but believe me, the people who will be their uppers in life *will* judge them to some degree, always. It's how they find the best of the best. They do not want the worst of the worst.  Whether it will be bosses or college professors or teachers in the future. So, please give them a fighting chance now.

I see mothers on here who can barely put a proper sentence together or spell.  I know people have an occasional spelling error but...we've ALL had full educations in this country and there is just no excuse for what I'm seeing.  I'm not talking about 1 out of 1,000...I'm talking about  the ones I see over and over.

Is this what you want for your child?  To start life with all the worst to grow up with?  Take a look at yourself and try to be something your child can and will be very proud of in the future.When they become teenagers, they themselves will begin to notice things about you and even judge you based on what they see in people they have learned to look up too. I personally, know kids who are embarrassed of their parents.  Expecting everyone to just accept you as you are is not being 'realistic' when it comes to getting ahead in life. People who get ahead do not like or associate with losers, so don't fit in a loser category.  Try to be the best you can be. 

Look your child in the eyes today (deeply) and tell them that you want them to have all the benefits that you and life has to offer them and do yourself and your child(ren) a favor and shape up to something very respectable that your child will look up to. 

In fact, most of you gripe and compain about your dh/so not respecting you, not interested in you anymore, not this, not that. Would you be?  Maybe they see it too!  Men do not look up to women like this. Even if they themselves act this way and have these flaws, they do not expect or want YOU to be this way. They just DON'T. 

Don't help your child to be an "under-achiever".  Step up in the world and better yourself to give your child every wonderful chance! 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't be so judgemental, everyone may not be as fortunate as you.....

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I agree with you about the spelling, especially because it takes 2 seconds to do a quick spell check, but as for bad language, I know many respectable, accomplished, and well manned people that do have a but of a potty mouth. You really shouldn't judge people on the example they are showing their kids, especially because you have to post this under anonymous. Get real, your not perfect, and its not like we are some low life scum just because we don't go by your example
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• You stated your opinion clearly. Now you have to realize not everyone has a good life growing up. Many do not get the education you mention. I do not complain about dh here, but I am sure some of the women who visit this site have no other type of adult interaction. Where do you suggest they release? Must they hold it in? I am sure you have had the occasional vent. Why is it not ok for others? I do not JUDGE parenting on spelling or grammar. Life is too complicated to judge on something so petty.

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It was very well said but you know these woman over the internet. you do not know them in real life. come on most of us hide behind the screen...you for example posting anoymous. if you believe so much why are you anoymous. i think alot of those on here and on the internet in general can be more open and in some instances more brutal. and sometimes also we can interpret things differently then what it really is being said. but you do make a good point but don;t judge those that you do not know in person.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I agree with you. It is society however that has allowed this to happen. And it was spurred on my by generation I'm afraid. I'm in my mid-forties and my peers are the ones that are the parents of a lot of these moms. My peers decided that we need to just dump our children in day cares at a young age so we can go off to work. I'm not saying work is bad. What I'm saying is that it started to become the "me" generation. It wasn't done because of need, but because of want. The children were not taught morals and values by their parents. The children grew up thinking that "me" is the be all end all of everything. Self-respect is not taught and this can be seen by the enormous amount of porn and sleeping with whomever, whenever because we can. If you can't respect yourself, you cannot respect anyone else. Morals are thought to be only for the religious. It's a shame what has happened.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Well said!
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I am dyslexic no excuse sometimes spell check does not help me. Yes I have a potty mouth but I am in college and graduate in a year. My son is an awesome young man because I went out of my way to make it so. Is this the best I can offer him no but I learned from them as well. There are some damn fine mommas on here not quite perfect but ready to share any advice or offer hugs when your down. Maybe even support or tell you your whack when you need to hear it. So not in perfect order it still helps someone and at the end of the day this is all that matters. Parenting takes place between the child and the parent who is to say what really goes on and who is to say we are doing it right? It just happen every day and in the end  only they know.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• it's the internet, if you can clearly judge the kind of person I am by a few posts on here so be it. But you are wrong, I swear, I have a bit of a tempter but I do a dang good job of raising my kids on my own!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• There are far worse things going on in the country than worrying about spelling, and mouthy people. Just do you, stop worrying about people you'll never meet because you can't change everyone.

ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I agree with Skittles1108.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2011