Do you believe your spouse says what he means in a disagreement?

My husband has been getting mad at me about every week over small stupid things really. Anyway he makes a big deal out of it and starts saying I do nothing around here, calling me lazy, saying he wish I would burn in hell all because of a misunderstanding he thought I had some money but I had to go to the bank which was that day. He has said before he wish me and the kids woud leave ect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, I believe somewhere in their heads they believe what they are saying.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I think we do sometimes say things in the heat of an argument that we wish and normally would not say, and a lot of times we say things we don't mean too, but even in the worst of arguments I have had with hubby these ill wishes have never been said, these comments are meant to hurt, and maybe you should ask if this is what he really wants.

Answer by older at 8:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Yep, things said in arguments or drunk are often true to some point.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Yes, I think people do mean what they say. My husband has never said those things, really he's never said anything hurtful to me. He's very laid back and doesn't get angry at me.

Answer by missanc at 9:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I believe exactly what my husband says. He only says exactly what he means though. No empty threats here. We do not fight like you and your husband do though. We sit down and talk things out. We do not scream, yell or curse or threaten each other. That's total disrepect and out of control behavior, unlike two adults. Your husband has a problem IMO. It sounds like he wants to be on his own if he is saying such things. I would probably start getting myself in a position to either leave or move him out but that's just me...
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 9:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• My husband always means what he says and uses his words carefully.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I used to believe that he did but we got into a HUGE argument a few weeks ago and I said some things that were hurtful but I honestly meant what I said...then he said some things...long story short he told me later...still kind of in the midst of the argument that he only said it because what I said hurt his feelings....so silly
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Sometimes many people man and women say things in anger when mad but to say he wish you would burn in Hell is really mean and nasty and cruel.
    Maybe he is unhappy and don't know how to express it and he knows your not lazy but wants to hurt you. You need to talk serious and see if he wants out of the relationship and if he does, let him go. No one deserves to take abuse like that.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• My Bf says things to me that I dont think he really means. He knows what to say to hurt my feelings or make me angry. So he does sometimes. I asked him tho if he means what he said and he always said no. Now I dont even ask. Bc i know he doesnt mean any of it!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2011