Am I not getting message?

My first grader daughter has in her cohort (but not in class) one Russian girl like herself. I thought during the first grade that girls could be good friends. I invited that girl to my daughter's party, they came, acted nicely and so. Then, I invited her to the play date, but she asked to invite one other mom and I winded up inviting two other moms, girls had fun. Then my daughter started to take piano lessons from this lady. My daughter likes piano lessons and doing a good progress.

On other occasion my daughter was playing with other girl at the school playground, the lady asked if that will be Ok if her daughter join. Again girls played very nicely.

Then they play fine at several birthdays and so. Then we learned that the my daughter was NOT invited to that girl's birthday. Then her mom offered a play date, my daughter was excited, but when I picked her up I learned that there was one other girl there.

Yesterday I offered the play date and her mom agreed, but when we came she told that she would like to come and girl's fifth grade brother will come as well, the play date went almost fine, but the fifth grader interrupted their play here and there, in exactly hour forty five minutes the lady told that they have to go, stated thank you (I had to specially ask office of aquarium to increase number of free invitations for her and her son ) and left.

My daughter was upset that the play date was very short and they did not have time to play...

My thought for now IS to find my daughter new music teacher for her second grade and simply not to interact with this lady and her daughter... It just sad.

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Ask your daughter how she feels about it. She may enjoy there being more than one other person to play with. After all, it's HER friendship you're talking about here.
    MoNKeyBoyz

Answer by MoNKeyBoyz at 10:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I am confused if it was one short not bad playdate why would you switch her?
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 12:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• So because of one bad play date you dont want them to be friends anymore?

Answer by gemgem at 10:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• it honestly sounds like the lady has a busy life and short periods of time as for bday party invites kids arent going to be invited to everything and i think an hour and forty minutes is a long playdate......kids need to learn to live with disappiontment in life...and as to not having this woman as a teacher for you child that is also up to you but rember a new teacher is going to have to start over to understand where you childs skill level is...
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• No, not because one play date (which per se whas not as bad), but because the lady giving me message that the girls may not play one to one. There always HAS to be someone third on the play date. Time actually has passed very fast and they did have fun.
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• The other times it seem fine, this time the fifth grader visibly annoyed both girls. I think he was jealous. My daughter says that she does not know, and asks why that girl never play with her alone. She says she likes music lessons.
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Then let her have her music lessons. These girls are old enough to work out their friendship. As far as the brother bothering them, that is just the way it is. Are you specifically needing your daughter to only play with someone that does not have any brothers or sisters?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I would not read so much into this. If your daughter is not totally upset just move on and let it be.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2011