7 month old throwing up all the time!

My 7 month old son, he use to throw up after every feeding almost. He was on Similac Premium, so our Dr. recommend to cut his formula strength in half for a week and work our way back up, we did that he is fine on half, no throwing up. She then recommend to switch him to Similac Sobee (soy) formula. We did that now he is very constipated and he is still throwing up, not as bad as before 1-2 times a day. We even tried to feed him 4 oz burp and then time for his stomach to rest, no difference other then we are feeding him all the time! I am very worried.. Any other ideas out there to help us out? Thank you!

Nwaite85

Asked by Nwaite85 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DOes he throw up all of it? Or does he just spit up a little? My middle child spit up all the time but she didn't "throw up" her whole bottle.As long as your baby is gaining weight, it shouldn't be a problem. My daughter stopped spitting up when she was about a year and began drinking regular milk .
    I figure that since you are consulting with the Pediatrician that you already have it covered . we aren't going to have any answers, no magic solution to the problem.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:01 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• He throws up about half to three fourths of what he drinks. I know the difference between spitting up and throwing up, he is defiantly throwing up his formula. He is gaining weight...Also I was looking for ideas from other Mom's that have been in same situation.
    Nwaite85

Comment by Nwaite85 (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Are you still burping him often throughout the feeding? Give him a little formula then burp him, then a little more & burp him again and on & on. He may be sucking the formula down so fast that he is swallowing air too & when he is finished, the air comes up & pushes out the formula. Burp multiple times during the feedings. Also, ONLY use LIQUID pre-mixed formula. Don't use powdered formula. There may be something in your water (even since you are boiling it) that is causing an upset stomach in your son. Use Dr. Browns bottles with the right nipple size for his age.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• My son did the same thing. I switched to Enfamil Gentlease and that did the trick.
    LemonLimeyify

Answer by LemonLimeyify at 1:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• My baby did the same thing. I kept switching formula until I found one that worked. He stopped on Similac Sensitive. I also switched my bottles to Dr. Browns. He is a new child. I know Similac makes a spit-up formula. It has a green label.
    MOMof3_28

Answer by MOMof3_28 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2011