• In the Spotlight:

What could be the cause of bald patches on a toddlers head?

I first noticed a small bald spot on my 3 yr old sons head when we went to get him a hair cut. I thought it could of been the barber who did it , but soon after I seen a little one on the top of his head( the other one is on the back) but they wasnt big. Well now the one on the top of his head I dont see it anymore , but the one on the back has gotten bigger! its like a quarter size. I took him to the hospital yesterday to get it checked bc his dr is like an hr away and I'm calling monday to find him a new one closer. But anyways the dr at the hospital said it didnt looked like an infection or anything. He said it look like theres not any hair follicules growing back. What does this sound like to you. I will list all his recent symptoms.

*bald spot (about a few weeks maybe 4)

*complaining of his belly hurting( 2 weeks)

*a little reddish on one side one hisright eye but nothing big just like a line

*i noticed bumps on the side of his legs where the diaper is but hes been using these awhile trying to get him potty trained though.

*hes been going to the bathroom more to do number 2 sometimes 2 or 3 times a daywhen usually he dont every day but every other day. ( for 2 weeks)

*he does have eczema and anemia and also he had staph before from his eczama spot so if he did have that would it have infection on his head or another part of his body that makes his hair bald? read something about that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Health

• sounds like alopecia. Hair loss. Call his ped doc. They will then refer you to a doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• he also has been complaining of his teeth hurting (for a couple weeks)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Sounds like ur overreacting to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Overreacting?? Um no maybe I'm just worried about my child ever thought of that?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2011