I HATE when people ask my df if our kids are all his!!! Is it THAT uncommon for someone to only have kids with one other person?!!!!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 10:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• and no I'm not being judgmental, its just annoying to have people always ask!!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• people ask my SO , who the little boy is and he says he just picked them up on the street.. haha but everyone knows hes only joking, and then he proceeds to say he has one on the way
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• People ask stupid things all the time. In my old age I've learned I can't control what dumb thing someone will say to me, so I just don't respond and let it roll. Lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i have two kids with the same person.. People that havent seen them ask me if they are by the same man... All i think is im sry do i look like a hootch for you to ask that?? do i come off as a hoe?... a lot of the time i know its bc im white and i date black men.. most white girls around here that date black men have more then one babydaddy.. i hate that crap. it is annoyin
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• The other day a lady on here said she asked a stranger if her kids all ad the same dad. She said her dh told her that was rude. She wanted to know what we all thought.

Now we hear from the other side of that question.

People these days are incredibly rude and insensitive. You really just have to ignore people with no common sense.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It is a sign of the times...........

Answer by older at 10:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Unfortunately, it really is uncommon. With single parents and the high rate of divorce, it's a common question that people have. It is still a rude question, though.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Unfortunately, in my home town, yes, it's that common. That doesn't make it any less annoying to be subjected to stupid questions like that because that's "the norm" these days. Seriously, even if it's "the norm" is it anyone's business but the parents of the children? People are so nosy these days.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Just because people have children from more than one person doesn't make them a hooch. I was married at 19 and had my dd. Divorced and then remarried a few years later. Had my son 5 years in to that marriage due to infertility. I have 9 years between my 2 kids. My dh adopted my dd when she was 8. People need to think about what they say and how they say it. You can offend people by being rude and stupid.

SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It is rude to ask. I mean, even if you had a blended family, why is it their business to get down to the bottom of biology. I remember growing up as one of 10, and yes, we were blended...each had one separately and then 6 together, and my bio mom had twins, too...I hated as a child hearing that because it made us "different", and my parents didn't stand for the question either. Then again, I think most people had a bit more tact than to ask back then.

No, it isn't, or at least shouldn't be, that uncommon, but you can't control other people or their tackiness.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2011