Friends? adult content

I have this friend that tells me all the time that she doesnt know why she married her husband. And she tells they fight all the time and wishes she was still with her ex husband.
Well lately I have noticed how she is with this one guy and he is married and has a child. She texts and calls him all the time do you think that is going to turn out to be a full on affair? Also she wears skimpy cloths around him to even though her husband tells her not to.I want to be there for her but I cant be around someone willing to destroy another marriage.
I need some help so I can make her realize whats she needs to do instead of making her situation worse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• OP isn't being self righteous. It's not a good thing to be friends with someone that is totally willing to ruin their relationship AND someone elses. It's not a good thing to remain close with a morally bankrupt person. Things tend to rub off, and the good qualities aren't going to be the things rubbing off. If the friendship ends over this, it's not going to be the OP's doing. She has tried to be there for her friend, but there IS only so much you can do. Everyone knows that if you aren't happy in a marriage, don't stay.
    OP, your friend says she wishes she was still with her ex, yet she is dressing like a hooch for some OTHER guy. A married guy, and he's not her ex, who she says she wishes she was still with. WTH? She's a mess, a big cheating mess. If she doesn't want to listen to reason, then I'd say it's time to take some steps back from the relationship. She may drag you down with her.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• life is full of unexpected things but having an affair isnt good,but its her that will one dayrealiits wrong
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I would talk to her if she is a close friend that you feel is worth keeping. But ultimately it is up to her to do the right thing.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• She already knows what she is doing is wrong. She us a grown ass woman. What is sad is she is willing to drag down her family for her own personal gratification. You can try talking gently to her, but she isn't going to listen. We never do! Now you can still be friends but if you don't want to be caught up in this TELL her and keep your distance. This is a train wreck waiting to happen.
    runnermamaof2

Answer by runnermamaof2 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• skimpy clothes says yes.. she is trying to catch his eye and if she is texting and calling him all the time clearly he is responding to her actions. It's only time unless someone gets involved or stops her and HIM (it takes 2 to cheat!)
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• how close are you? I am close to my friends to the point I can be honest and tell her she is being a ho and ruining her and some other guys marriage and my friend would respect my opinion.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• we are really close and I dont want ot lose her friendship but I have been there before and I dont want to see someone else suffer the pain of losing a spouse..... I went through the same thing with my ex husband he started cheating on me and I dont want her to look back and regret what she did...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i would but her out!! i hate seeing stuff like that & i knew a friend that was cheating & with another married man. if i also knew her husband i would tell her she needs to stop & work it out with her husband. Ask her why she would want to ruin anothre marriage if she knows how bad it feels??
    jennifer_oakley

Answer by jennifer_oakley at 11:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It's her life, you can't live it for her, she's going to have to make her own mistakes and you are going to have to just be there and support her and listen at every turn. It is NOT YOUR JOB TO STAND IN JUDGEMENT, and ypu'll lose her friendship if that's the route you take but it sounds like you're fine with that, hopefully she will find a better less self righteous friend along the way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2011