How do I approach it?

SO I'm expecting a baby #3 in a few weeks and I decided I did not want a baby shower (only my 1st baby had one and I have 2 boys and this is going to be a girl).....My MIL was the one to throw the baby shower for my son and this time she was going to to that again....But she's a wonderful person and I don't think it would have been fair to her to do all the work herself again....My question is......I know some people are still going to get something for the baby. Would it be tacky for me to post it on the Facebook(where most of my friends "hang out") that I have a baby registry on target.com........And if you think it's ok......how should I word it ? I don't WANT people to think I am expecting anything at all from them but if they were planning on getting something I'd rather they get something I may need....

MommyOK

Asked by MommyOK at 11:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just say this " Hey to all my wonderful friends out there that plan on buying something for our new bundle of joy,I'm registered at Target"
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i would say something in ur status like
    "making baby registrys all day:; target, kmart, babysrus. They have so much cute stuff cant wait to go shopping!"
    lol its not hintting its just letting people know lol
    jennifer_oakley

Answer by jennifer_oakley at 11:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• If someone wants to throw a shower for you let them. But for you to post it on facebook would be tacky, in my opinion. It would seem like you expect them to get you gifts.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• treynlisa......................I know what you mean.....that's why I'm puzzled.... My MIL always does so much for me and the kids that I feel like this would be really taking advantage of her......My in-laws are on the bugdet..... And I don't want her spending any extra money.
    MommyOK

Comment by MommyOK (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i agree with treynlisa , but one of your close friend could post it or share it in your place ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• The mil wouldn't offer to do it if she could not afford to do it. Some people enjoy doing things like that. Let her do something for your family.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• hmmm thats a toughie, i understand the not wanting her to go over budget thing, maybe say somethin along the lines of "don't think I'm going to have a baby shower this time around since it's number 3=)" most the people who still want to give u stuff would probably just message you sayin Hey i want to get you somethin anyway what do you need and you could post that well i will make a registry at target so that you can have some ideas if that's what your wanting to do =)"
    lol not the best but the best I can come of with without thinkin very long lol, good luck girl!
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 10:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2011