Do you have a swingset in your back yard?

We dont yet but are looking at them and trying to find the best ones in our budget. I dont want anything that has really cheap wood, and nothing that is going to break after a year of playing with it. Any suggestions???

Amberlovesher3

Asked by Amberlovesher3 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• we have one and on some cool nights me and hubby will go out and sit on it for hours but during the summer its hardly used too hot for it
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• We got ours at Toys-R-Us. It has a 6' slide, 2 swings, see-saw swing and a trampoline. The kids love it and it will last for years and years. My parents have one sort of like it that they bought when their first grandchild was 2 and it's still going strong. Their first grandchild is my oldest and she's now 20... lol. Hopefully this one will last just as well for my younger 2!
    travellingmom20

Answer by travellingmom20 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• We found one for $50.00 at a garage sale. It retails for 1300 brand new! We had to take it apart and move it which was a proces but it paid off. You can look on craigslist, newspaper. Or post that you are looking for one and how much you are willing to pay...You can list an insentive such as you will do all the work and come and take it off their hands. The good ones are well built and last years and years so just inspect it before purchasing!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• We have one, it is a metal one, and is quite old (got it for my older kids when they were little).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• we have a crappy one in our front yard I got it at kmart last year for like $100 something its metal but I just wanted something to do for then we plan on buying a pretty huge wood one sometime this year.. Maybe for my oldest bday
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• We had a wooden one we purchased at Sam's. Sold it to a friend a couple of years ago as my children are all older.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Yes. Ours is just a basic swing, a basket 2 facing seats one, and a one either end of a horizontal pole one. The set used to have the rings as well, but they're broken. It's a good set though, we've had it for 12 years and it's provided hours of entertainment for our 6 kids, the eldest is now grown up, but our 2 and 7 yr olds still love it.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• no, but i remember growing up with one.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 7:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Not anymore because our kids are grown. We had 3 while they were growing up (have to love relocation) and my husband designed and built them all from scratch- All were redwood-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• no
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2011