How can you start a good, money making,home business from scratch?

I am looking for somethings, jewlry, crafts, etc. to start from home to make me money. I need ideas on what sells, what is pretty easy, and not high cost to start making to sell, more than likely on eBay. Ideas are greatly accepted!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• If you make your own item, then try listing it on etsy.com because it caters to the "homemade" items. Anything from homemade hair clips to pillows to clothing!

Your business all starts from an idea!
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 12:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• You could make jewlery, gift baskets, decorated gift bags/boxes...I'm not very crafty so I don't have a lot of ideas for you, sorry.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 12:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• You can try direct sales but most will not let you sell on eBay. I do Scentsy and I definitely don't even need eBay. I do one home party and one craft fair each month. Everything else is from home and everything I around my schedule.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 12:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Why not sign on with a company that handles all of shipping, all money transactions, & sells products & services that people buy everyday like cell phone, internet, travel packages, clothing, books, almost everything... then use inbound marketing to help people find you when they want to purchase (you don't have to beg people to buy what they are already buying. Your business would be like an online kiosk except the over head would be super low. You would receive a paycheck & not have to carry inventory!
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 12:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• You can actually start your business on both eBay and Etsy if you'd like. That would reach a pretty big marketplace for you. Advertise your businesses on some free advertising sites and hopefully it will go from there!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2011