If your SO was doing home improvents in the house (sanding) and it was a project that takes a couple of weeks what would you do about the dust?

My husband works on the house every evening which there is a layer of dust covering everything. Would you keep up with every single day, which would require dusting and cleaning everything and its a large area (open floor plan). Or would you let it go some? What would you do till the project is complete?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• http://www.jamarhouses.com/Remodeling/Cleaning/DustCollector.html

I would clean everyday to keep up and I would cover as much as I possibly could with sheets, protectors, plastic...whatever you have or can get that's inexpensive. painting plastic is cheap. also, keep dust filters on hand, that does help too.
    Here's a link though....at the bottom of page was some tips on remodeling and dust.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 12:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I just thought of something else...the people who remodeled our house before we ever bought it (they were house flippers, you know, buy, fix up, sell--flip it)..after they sanded things...no one cleaned anything, when they went to painting the window sills/baseboards etc throughout the house...the guys they had painting were too lazy (obviously) to wipe off before painting SO...what i have is a bunch of window sills/baseboards that when you run your hand over it...they are not smoooth. It's rough and you can feel the grit it created with the paint. Just wanted to pass this along in case someone else does your painting. I hate it and the only thing we can do is strip, sand and repaint every one and I'm not up to doing that yet. It just bugs me. Just fyi....Happy Remodeling!! :D
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 12:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Hang sheets to keep the dust confined.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2011