What should I do for a winter brthday party?

1sexymother

Asked by 1sexymother at 12:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hmmm what about Chuck E Cheese, go to a kid-friendly restaurant (like a pizza or burger or ice cream place), going to the movies, Build a Bear workshop, go bowling, roller skating or ice skating (if you have a rink in your city)
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• bowling party sounds amazing. I think we wll do that for mny 8 year old and pzza machine for my 2 year old. thanks
    1sexymother

Comment by 1sexymother (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Build a bear is great, my DD's b-day is in December and I did that for 2 years in a row, everyone really enjoyed it. Chuck E Cheese is great but you have to be able to do it on a week day because on Saturdays, they always overbook and it is miserable.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Here's a pretty great link"
    http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/winter_party.html
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 5:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• My twin girls have a winter birthday and we have done a few different things. We rented the pool and activity room at the local boys and girls club for three years in a row and all the kids loved it. They thought it was so cool to swim in the winter. We were able to invite as many kids as we wanted but I had to hire extra life guards if more than 25 came. We have also done a roller skating rink and a kid museum place. Winter birthday's in the north are pricey, I would totally have it at a park or in my backyard if it wasn't cold.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 6:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• hopefully the chuck e cheese' where you guys are located aren't like the one where i am !! when i was in high school i worked a chuck e cheese for a bit and i witnessed quite a few fight between parents over the games... pretty ridiculous. the one father was holding his child and got hit by the other father :( i was just thinking how old are you guys... the whole time this is going on i'm in the darn mouse costume !! some things people do...
    pipsqueak01

Answer by pipsqueak01 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• have it in a house or rent a hall?
    taratennant60

Answer by taratennant60 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2011