• In the Spotlight:

Do you drive or fly to your vacation destination?

CarrieR62

Asked by CarrieR62 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Travel

• We prefer to drive. We love road trips and I hate to miss all the neat things along the way. We take detours and sightsee as we go along. I always research the route so I know what's available. We do fly occassionally, but usually only if we're short on time and don't have the luxury to spend a few nights on the road.
    travellingmom20

Answer by travellingmom20 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It all depends how much time we have. If my hubby is going we usually have to fly because her has a limited amount of time. Unless we are camping, which we love. We just did 3 weeks in California. If uty is just the girls and I and her is out to sea I trend to drive but we have been gone for up to 5 months and I like to have my car with me.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Depends. Last week we drove 8 hours to the Black Hills - I wouldn't imagine flying that. We actually like road trips.
    Anonymous

• Fly. My husband racks up frequent flyer mileage during the year, so we always get a great deal. The bad part is we have to rent a car.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• depends on where we are going. This year we are going to drive But its just to Tn and its not to long of a drive but when we go to Disney world we will be flying
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Drive, I have a fear of heights so no flying for me..
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 1:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• We've been on the road for the past 2 weeks. DH is flying home tomorrow. I'll be on the road for another 2 weeks with the kids. Most of the time we road trip to California because we can see and do things on the way. And because for all of us to fly, and then rent a car it would be more than road trip.

I am going to a conference next month and get to fly there. A huge treat. Plus I'm without DH or the kids for the first time in about 10 years.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• RV as much as possible
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We drive. I love to see the scenery and lots of times we change our minds about where we want to go mid-trip!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• drive
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2011