Am i lazy or is my husband a jerk?? could be miss spelled words so if its a problem please dont say and skip post thank you.

So i cook and clean and take care of 3 kids, im not saying I am the best house keeper by any means but I try my best. My husband always has something to eat when he comes home from work , the kids are feed, clean.
Well my husband got mad last night because I did not have his plate ready for him, he yells and tells me he is tired of not having a hot meal waiting for him when he gets home and all he has to do is tell me he is hungry and I will fix him his food. But the kids have to eat so I make sure there food is done around 5 or 6pm and it is a few hours befor he gets home. I pich up all the kid toys but its hard to have them always picked up , since i have 15month old twins that are in to everything. so once they go to bed i will pick up them once again for the night. My husband wants me to do laundry on weekends and not during the week so thats what i do . But gets mad since he needs something that I have not washed since its during the week. He wont tell me that it needs to be washed untill he gets mad and its almost 10pm and im tired.
So my question is am i lazy since everything is not perfect or is my husband being a jerk about things. Sorry its long .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• He sounds like a jerk.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• He is a jerk and sees you as his personal servant. You have a brain. Use it. When something needs done, do it. When it doesn't, don't.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Your husband is not a jerk, he is a raging asshole. How are u expected to do all that crap?
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Is he always like this or did he have a bad day? If it is always I would have to tell him this has to stop. I have 4 kids from 7-7 1/2 months. The house is basically never as clean as I would love for it to be.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Wonder if his dad treated his mom that way???
    CarrieR62

Answer by CarrieR62 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It is time to take your power back. Live your life the way you need to ! Who is he to dictate WHEN you do laundry? It sounds like he is a little verbally abusive and controlling. Your part in this is that you are cowering to "the way he wants it done". It is the one who does that work who has the say. Toughen up and let him have it. Comunicate 1st and let him know things WILL be changing and you wanted him to know. Call him out on his behavior, but make sure to also give him a chance to speak. It sounds like you might both have to let each other know what your thoughts and core problems are. Stay logical and not emotional. Do not allow anger from yourself or him to get in the middle of your talks. Keep it light and humerous and show him the woman he fell in love with. :-) If you have to delay his meal, the crock pot on low does wonders for keeping things hot and ready. Good Luck ...
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I vote jerk!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 12:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• He sounds really mean! I think he is wrong. I understand he want a hot meal after a long day of work. I suggest when you cook for the kids put his plate in the microwave and hear it up when he arrives home
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 12:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Definitely him. What difference does it make when you do the laundry as long as everyone has clean clothes to wear? I used to do laundry on the weekends when I was single, now with 2 kids, I do it about every 3 days so I don't have huge loads to fold. I don't see how it makes any difference except that I have smaller loads to fold. It doesn't change whether or not anyone has clean clothes. As far as his meals...well, if he doesn't think you make them correctly/on time/whatever, remind him that he always has the option to make it himself.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• My DH used to be that way to me. I finally had enough and started standing up for myself. He would start yelling and I would say "Im not going to listen to you if you're going to yell." and I'd walk away. The best thing I ever did was stop being scared of him.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2011