Sad, wish I could change things to make it perfect!!

My dd turns 3 tomorrow!! My df, her father, had to leave for work last wednesday, he works out of state, so we had a cake and gave her presents early, hoping she wouldnt know it wasnt her birthday. Well she keeps talking about wanting a birthday party and to see her grandmas and papa and cousins etc, but they are all busy and wont be able to see her:( It just breaks my heart that my little girl couldnt have the birthday party she wanted this year!!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 1:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I know that but how am I suppose to explain to a 3yr old that her family cant come to see her on her birthday??
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• have a party for her when everyone is able to be there. it might not be on her birthday but does she even know what day her bday is on?
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Take her out to the park and maybe ice cream tomorrow. Make it a special day for her.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 2:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• More notice in the future to make sure everyone has time to make arrangements to make it. For now, let her call people on her birthday so she can at least talk to them and bring her out to her favorite restaurant and to do other fun things.
    Gwenleona

Answer by Gwenleona at 5:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I made plans for it, but with my dfs job if his boss call him to work its usually 4 days notice and it takes him 2 days to get to where he needs to go. as for everyone being busy, my sister just had a baby, my mothers car got reposed and lives 1 1/2 away, but my dfs parents said that they could come over! My sister also said they would walk over and say hi, I just didnt know how up to it she would be with a new baby just over a week old
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2011