What is the best way to potty train my little girl

ciji63

Asked by ciji63 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I thnk if she is ready you should get a potty and when you have to go take her and put her on hers while your going so she can pick up what you are doing. Reward her when she goes also.
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 1:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I went cold-turkey, straight to underwear with my son. He started asking to go potty, so I took a few days and focused on just that. We went to the potty about every 30 minutes, and made a big deal of it when he had a successful trip. We had a few accidents, but by the end of the second day he had pretty much figured it out.
    NooraK

Answer by NooraK at 1:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• You have o find hat works for you... We have a poster board in the bathroom and it is split into two sides one for pee one for poop. Every time she pees she gets a small princess sticker to put on her board also every 10 pee stickers and she gets to pick a toy from the dollar section at target. Every time she poops on the potty she gets a bigger princess sticker (we found a really cool book of stickers with two sizes.) and every time she poops on the potty she gets a prize. Her first pee prize was actually big girl panties she picked tinker bell and loves them... That's what works for us
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I took her every 15 min for the first day. She only wore panties and she had many many accidents so I bought a few packs of underwear. The next day we did every 15 min just for a couple hrs in the morning to get her mind set into using the potty, but I changed it to every 30 min. She wouldn't want to go sometimes but I would have her sit anyway for a good two minutes then let her off. We did this for 3 days straight before we left the house. We would leave for short spurts to test her, always bring extra clothes. She immediately got really good at holding it until we got home, although I would take her to a bathroom while we were out she wouldn't use it. So I had to start going out for a little longer because I wanted her to start getting use to using the potty outside of the house. She was very reluctant. She would literally hold her potty for hours but eventually she got use to it.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 4:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• by example. show her what you want her to do by letting her watch you

Answer by admckenzie at 6:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I tried for 3 months, starting at about 22 months. We got her the potty. And she was interested in it for about a week. Then she fought me when I asked her to go on it. So i stopped pushing and tried again a few weeks later. And she is now 25 months and decided that this past week, she was going to do it. And within one week, she has gone from diapers, to pull ups with no accidents (we eve went to disneyland today, and she didnt go in the pull ups once). I am pretty confident in the next few weeks, we will have undies on her. My best advice is introduce the potty, and wait for her to be ready.
    And a sticker chart. You let her pick out stickers, and tell her that she can put them on the chart when she goes in the potty. That gave my DD the extra incentive she needed to get started, now she doesnt care for the stickers much. She likes to flush!
    Good luck!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• u have too sit her on the potty and tell her too stay there for a few mins if she dont go shes not ready
    taratennant60

Answer by taratennant60 at 7:23 AM on Jun. 28, 2011