Can anyone tell me what this is. i really don't wanna see a doctor for something that could be nothing. bump on my skin

it's right next to my belly button. it started as a swollen red bump. i figured it was a bug bite. it was under a lot of pressure though and felt tender when i pressed it. i popped it to relieve the pressure but nothing came out. i poured alcohol on it and just left it. today it was filled with puss. it looked like a white head next to my belly button. i popped the puss out and after it came a lot of clear liquid and it was still under a lot of pressure and tender. what is this thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2011 in Health

• Could be a spider bite...when in doubt have it checked out.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 2:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Most likely a bite, and the pus means your body is fighting off infection.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It sounds like a Boil or a Cyst- try laying a Hot Towel on it for a while, that will help it drain- also, i wouldn't use Alcohol- use either Peroxide or Witch Hazel & make sure you put some Neosporin on it after- if it is not better by Monday Morning you really should go get it checked out! Hope you feel better:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 2:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Sounds like a boil maybe, I have a friend that gets them all the time, But I have had 1 in my life. They start out as a small bump that looks like a bite or pimple and get infected if you scratch and have staph bacteria on your nails (staph is naturally present on everyones bodies) and over a few days they start to grow. As they grow they get tender and eventually begin to feel like pins & needles when you touch them. When you start to see white spots in it, sterilize a needle and poke where you see the white spots. Have a LOT of tissue ready and start squeezing. You will see a pinkish discharge come out just squeeze out all you can. It won't all come out at once sometimes it takes 2-3 days to completely drain it. Keep the area clean and cover with some gauze to catch leakage.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• My first thought was that it was a boil. I do think that you should go in to the doctor just to be sure.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• It could be MRSA...it's very common.
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 7:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I had something small like that start on my body too...popped it a very times, turned into a staph infection..which turned into MRSA..small zits like that are nothing to mess with. Keep an eye on it, if it becomes more swollen, red under the skin or around it...go to the doctor. Avoid messing with it as much as possible, put antibiotic on a bandage and keep it covered. Air it out before bed for a few hours. Please be safe and careful, mine started out exactly like that, no joke. Not trying to freak you out or be a drama queen but i thought it was nothing and kept messing with it, putting stuff on it..popping it...let it go and within days it had spread redness to my back from my private area. I was in the hospital for 8 days and on and off for the next few. Good luck hun, keep your eye on that, dont touch it unless your hands are washed. xoxo
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 9:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2011